Friday, January 13, 2006

Chicken Dumplings

Mix: 6 oz. cream cheese
1/8 tsp. pepper
4 tbl. butter softened

Stir in 2 c. cubed chicken, 2/3 c. chopped mushrooms, and 1/2 c. chopped celery. Separate 2 packages crescent rolls into triangles. Put about 1/4 c. mixture in the widest part of each crescent roll.


Roll wide sides to point, tuck point underneath and seal the edges well so mixture does not come out during baking.





Roll each dumpling in melted butter (4 Tbl.) and roll in bread or corn flake crumbs. (2/3 c.) Cook on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.



Serve with gravy: 1 can cream of chicken soup mixed with 1/2 c. milk.

Serving suggestions: mashed potatoes and additional gravy, vegetables.

Note: This last time I made these I chopped the mushrooms and celery very fine with my new food chopper. Didn't like it as much as when they are in bigger chunks just cut up with my knife.

I got the food chopper after cutting the end of my thumb really bad last summer while dicing an onion. The food chopper now mostly specialized in onions, and it is so worth it! PS. My thumb is just fine.

No comments: