Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Edition: Rolls

I have three roll recipes on this blog. Any of them would be delicious for Thanksgiving dinner. Here are links for the first two.

Easy Homemade Rolls

Lite Lion House Rolls

If you are looking for something extra special, go for my favorite. The last few years, we've had orange rolls. They are a little more work, but this is where we choose to put forth the extra effort. Most of the pies? Marie Callendar's. But I think the orange rolls are my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner.

I love the tang of the citrus mixed with the sweetness of the frosting and the soft buttery roll. They are a little more work, but so worth it. You can get full instructions here.

Here's somebody's plate from last Thanksgiving. No idea whose.
I'm just glad they chose to put the roll on their plate.
Unlike this person.

2 comments:

Patti said...

That was funny to see the roll on the tablecloth. The rolls look awesome, but you know what? So do the beans!

Princess Danell said...

I love Lion House rolls, but mine never seem to turn out like "The Rooftop Restaurant" where I prefer to purchase them, if I didn't live 800 miles away. Got any tips?