Saturday, November 01, 2008
I got my first two awards in the same day. About a month ago. I really was (am!) excited about it, it just caught me in one of those blogging droughts. You know the kind where real life gets busy, and all of the recipes you make lately (or the pictures of them) don't turn out. Thanks to Laura from Real Mom Kitchen and Clouse Cousins Cookin'. I didn't know you were reading my blog, but I'm so glad for the award because it pointed me to your sites and I like them so much I'm going to visit you often!
So now comes the part where I get to pass on the award. Isn't this just a chance to say to the blog author "I like your blog" and tell everyone about some other great blogs? Here goes.
Here are the rules for this award. If you choose to participate, please find at least 10 more blogs, of any kind that you love to read. Write a post about the blogs you picked, linking back to me and to them. Once you’ve posted, return here to let me know your post is done and be sure to let them know too! (If you don't come up with 10, that's fine too.)
I tried to stay away from personal family blogs, because I couldn't single any one out over another. So while some of these may be personal blogs, they have a certain theme or specialty going on.
Food Related Blogs:
1. Lydia at Put a Lyd on it. I think the name of her blog is so clever, and she makes real food.
2. Andy at Dinner's On Me. I like her style: writing style, food pictures, blog appearance. Also her intro about herself: "I'm no food snob. We're a real family that eats real food and then I blog about it." Perfect.
3. Laura at What's For Dinner? Because everything she makes is so delicious and half of her recipes are on my blog anyway. Maybe in another ten years we'll be like the Clouse Cousins. (Sorry to most of you because this is a private blog, which I tried to avoid, but this was the special exception.)
4. Amy from Super Healthy Kids. I learn all sorts of stuff from her about how to get a little bit of nutrition into my kids. She has lots of practical advice on fruits, veggies, and more.
5. Katie and Molly over at Sister Skinny, who keep me motivated to work off all the calories after eating. They're on a hiatus right now (with good reason!), but I think they will be back when the time is right. Their archives are great too. Love this site.
Other specialty blogs I love:
6. Rachel at Testosterhome. Her specialty is boys. Part of me relates to her real life stories, and part of me appreciates the insight of what to expect as my boys get older. A must read for any mom of boys.
7. Angie at Poppy Joy. Angie and I share the uncommon experience of losing a child to Trisomy 18. The thoughts she records on her blog are full of hope, and I have been impressed and encouraged by her faith through difficult circumstances. Thanks for sharing your story, Angie.
8. Stephanie at a Daily Scoop. While we differ in the details, I appreciate her thoughts on losing a child from a gospel perspective. We are members of the same church, and I find myself drawn to her writing. She is accomplishing a lot of good by sharing her experience and testimony.
There you go. That's much more information about myself than I usually share, in the context of just a few of many from the bloggersphere who inspire me.