Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Best Sugar Cookies You Will Ever Eat


The best part about this recipe is you don't have to refrigerate the dough before you use it! So they are fast and easy, plus they have the added benefit of being the best tasting sugar cookies you will ever eat. They are soft and cakey with just a hint of nutmeg. I have had people who swear they don't like sugar cookies ask me for the recipe. I honestly can't decide if I like them better frosted, or just plain without the frosting.


1/2 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. sour cream
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. nutmeg
3 1/4 c. flour (double batch = 6 c. flour)

Mix well. Roll out to about 1/4 in. thickness on a floured surface and cut shapes. Don't roll them out too thin. No crunchy sugar cookies allowed. You do not need to grease the cookie sheet.


Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. You want them to be soft. Frost and top with sprinkles or other decorations if desired.

Here's a good frosting recipe.

1 comment:

The White Clan said...

We have the same recipe! I had a friend ask me for mine the other day, and she said "I can't beleive how moist they are."
I really need to make them with the boys, they love it. Thanks for the reminder!