Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Oven Steak Fries

Here is another recipe success at our house from Our Best Bites. Our Best Bites had a couple different seasoning options, so go there for other ideas. We made the garlic salt option.
 
These were really good, and made an easy, tasty, healthful side dish. I just ate them plain because the seasonings were perfect. My husband firmly believes that all fries should be eaten with ketchup. And my kids love anything, even potatoes with the skins left on dipped in ketchup.

4 medium Russet potatoes, washed
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
2 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. parsley

Preheat oven to 400. Mix desired spices in a medium bowl. Add olive oil and combine well.

Cut potatoes into 8 wedges each. Add potato wedges to seasonings and toss to coat.

Lightly crumple some aluminum foil and place on a baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray and then arrange potato wedges on foil. This ensures even cooking and makes cleanup a cinch.

Bake at 400 for about 40 minutes.

3 comments:

whitneyingram said...

We make oven fries A LOT. Like for lunch, snack and dinner. Potatoes are cheap and I like cheap.

When I am feeling racey, I make them cheese fries. When they are done cooking, pile them up on the sheet pan, sprinkle on a handful of shredded cheddar and then put it under the broiler for a minute. Try it. Delish.

Whitney said...

Sounds amazing, Rookie. Thanks!

Lyd Stew said...

I'm glad to see more posts! I have hung in there! :) The fries looks great- I just made some tonight and I wish I would have caught this recipe first!