Monday, April 28, 2008

Taco Soup


This is a great meal when I am pressed for time, or my husband calls on his way home from work and I realize I haven't started dinner yet. This is really easy, really fast, and very tasty. When I'm really in a hurry I will skip chopping an onion, just cook the meat and add dried onion to the soup.

1 lb. ground beef
1/3 c. taco seasoning (1 packet)
1 can chili beans
1 onion or dried minced onion
1 8 oz. can of water
1 can tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can corn

Cook the ground beef and onion together, then add the remaining ingredients. Serve with sour cream, grated cheese, and olives, and corn chips.

Alternate serving suggestion: with corn bread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Whitney. It was 5:30 when I decided to make this, and it was ready by 6 and devoured by everyone! I also added Black-eyed peas.